63rd Annual Manheim Community Farm Show
October 3-7, 2016
The Manheim Community Farm Show exists to promote agriculture, crafts and competition in a friendly environment that encourages family values and cooperation. .
Consider what we believe to be the positive strengths of the Manheim Community Farm Show.
- Farm Show creates the opportunity for neighbors to meet neighbors and old friends, which is something desperately needed in our society.
- Food stands earned over $107,000 profit last year that stayed right here to help our community no-profit organizations.
- It gives the youth opportunity to “learn and earn” from their 4-H and FFA animal projects. Over $240,000 was raised this year to help provide youth with a solid financial start in agriculture.
- Volunteers have to work together over 5,000 hours during the week, building relationships, meeting new people and developing a sense of community.
- Thousands of people enjoy seeing agriculture and domestic displays in a wholesome atmosphere.
- The Manheim FFA Children’s Farm Show is a great opportunity for the community to learn about the “Farm To Fork” agriculture system.
Loss of a Manheim Farm Show longtime volunteer director: Elwyn Estabrook
Elwyn Estabrook, 83, of Manheim passed away peacefully on Thursday, December 10, 2015 at the M.S. Hershey Medical Center. Born in Waverly, he was the son of the late Clarence and Florence Davis Estabrook. Retired in 1982, Elwyn was a supervisor at the former Agway Feed Mill, Manheim. He also worked part time at G&G Feed Supply, Manheim. Elwyn was a member of East Fairview Church of the Brethren, Manheim and he proudly served in the United States Air Force. Elwyn was very active with the Manheim Community Farm Show. He received state wide recognition and The Zone 4 Person of the Year Award for his contributions to the farm show for over 25 years. His interests included horses, ponies, Boston Red Sox Baseball and Notre Dame Football. Elwyn was also a faithful supporter of the Manheim Central Athletics, especially Barons football. Those desiring may send contributions in Elwyn’s memory to the Manheim Community Farm Show, 1047 Mountain Road, Manheim, PA 17545 or American Diabetes Association, 150 Monument Road, Suite 100, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004.